Sunday, March 27, 2011

Not Good (the beading-not the day :))

March - bead journal project page.Not good ----- I like the colors and I like the design but, I sure don't like them together. Seems with such a severe design the colors should not be so playful and, conversely, with playful colors it should not be such a severe design. Of course I didn't realize this until I was finished and I had it mounted on its square. For me, these colors need polka dots, ruffles, spirals, etc.; the design worked with a very deep colored circle against a mid toned ground, with a bundle of gold bars banded in red could be very dramatic. Oh well.

8 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said...

I am posting my comment here as well:

You are being much too hard on your work. You did not "lose" your way. The piece is striking in its simplicity. Sometimes less is more. I really like it. A lot.

Cyndi L said...

Nonetheless, I this piece is wonderful. I don't see a single thing "wrong" with it!

Robbie said...

I beg to differ...I think it's a great piece!!

Anonymous said...

I think it is awesome!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT.
Marcy

Trish said...

I know that feeling - had the same with mine, but yours is very striking! I like the contrast of the colors and the design....thinking it's great!

Robin said...

You say "not good" while I say "Waaahoooo!" I like that the style and colors are not "matched." To my eyes, it makes for interest, a little conflict, a surprise and a questioning. I get your thoughts about what it "should be" though... might be fun to try it again and compare them...

Robin A.

BeadsForever said...

I LOVE everything about it!