Friday, October 10, 2008


The ink I use with the pens featured below is stick ink. The stick (long rectangular piece with silver and gold pattern) is ground with a few drops of water in the grinding stone (base piece in photo). To write, I hold the pen in my right hand and the small paint brush in the left hand, pen a few letters and then dip the brush into the grinding stone well and proceed to brush the ink on to the underside of the pen nib. For color work, I use watercolor paint.


jann said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jann said...

It sounds like you need to be ambidextrous. What about the third hand that holds the piece of paper while you are using the pen?

MaryjoO said...

the whole "get up" looks beautiful though. Take a shot of some writing and post it so we can admire (and think about) every stroke!