Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"Flat Feet"

This is an interesting "ball" of yarn. Sections were done on a knitting machine and then hand dyed. The idea is that with the two panels (joined with a waste yarn) there is enough for a pair of socks. My two cats are not in agreement about this yarn. One thinks this is the best ball she has ever seen ---- a ready made blanket to sleep under while I knit. And the other, she can't seem to figure out how she is going to make a run for it with the panel in her mouth. Of course, that hasn't stopped her from trying.

I'm using the yarn to knit a donation hat and have adapted a Selbu knitting pattern for the design.

1 comment:

Timaree said...

The hat looks beautiful. I bet with lace weight yarn a pair of socks would work nicely this way. I love a plain background with a variegated pattern. You get all the fun of Fair Isle with half the work!